Friday 23 August 2013

That Friday Feeling ...


Another early start! 4.55am start in fact! Need a couple of snoozes then up!

Some people find it an incredulous time to get up each day! I used to be too but realise now that its the best time for me! In fact i still cant believe how busy it is at 5.30am for opening!

Early mornings are certainly the winter preference when it's dark in the evenings! In the summer we can be active as a family of an evening! One of the main things that stops me heading to the gym is missing family time at home.

Starting so early in the morning means that I have to be super organised for the mass 'get everyone including myself out of the door for 8am' operation! Not necessarily a bad thing! Not only that if I turn the alarm off and don't make it I get super grumpy! Probably angry with myself for being weak but like the charmer I am I take it out on everyone else!

Sometimes I do crazy things when I'm half asleep getting ready e.g put deodorant on my hair instead of hairspray, forget to put contact lenses in, forget how to put the car in gear! At least it means I'm wide awake by the time I get to work.

My strategy for being gym ready at the crack of dawn;
  • Get the kids lunch boxes ready the night before
  • Have my gym gear ready the night before. I put mine in the hall or bathroom so I don't have to bother sleeping beauty! Although sometimes, much to his irritation, I forget something.
  • Have my bathroom routine thought out ie, get dressed, put on heart rate monitor, put in contact lenses, tie back hair and brush teeth
  • Early to to bed! 8.30pm is best! That's not going to be easy once the light nights begin!
  • Lay out things you need to take I.e water bottle, towel, headphones, keys.

Preparation is key! I'm not gonna lie I have considered sleeping in my gym clothes!

Onto today's action ...

FOOD
  • awesome Brekkie of poached eggs, avocado and a slice of toast
  • Peanut bar for morning tea
  • Veggie stack and salad from the local cafe for lunch
  • Gluten free corn chips for afternoon tea
  • Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner

DRINK
  • 3 cups of tea
  • 3 litres of water
  • 2 glasses of white wine! It's Friday it would be rude not to!

ACTIVITY
  • 13 minutes interval training on the treadmill
  • A killer 30 minute personal training session consisting of ...
  1. 1000m on the rower with instruction to finish under 5 minutes
  2. 21 squats and shoulder press with 10kg bar, 21 full burpees and 21 crunchy/leg extension/ toe touch things, repeated with 15 reps then 9 reps!
  3. Funny kneeling crunch things pulling a weight behind my head and wood chopper things. Apologies for non technical explanations and I have no idea of weights or reps! I was too busy trying not to spew!









No comments:

Post a Comment